10/10/07

fighting through the fog

As may have been evident from my "the phone music won't turn off" post(ing) I'm feeling a little "cotton-headed" today. Ok, and maybe yesterday too.

Haha, no, I'm not trying to excuse the "dishwasher fiasco 2007" (because I insist I was feeling FINE at the time). I just feel like I'm fighting through some serious brain cotton-candy to actually get anything done.

Maybe I'm just tired... physically tired, and a little bit mentally tired. Stressing over going home for Christmas, and the serious investment that will have to take place in order for that to happen. Tired of living out of a suitcase (as of Sunday, it will have been a month that I've been delicately rotating between three pairs of jeans)... tired of being in transit. I really just want to settle in ... cook myself a real meal, and (gasp!) have a glass of wine. That would just be heaven.

In other news, I now DO know when I'm going to be making the move to Rankin. Rumor has it (according to my station manager) I'll be flying out of here on Monday. My worldly possessions will arrive sometime between Monday and Friday.

Man I can't wait. I (for some odd reason) crave Uncle Ben's rice.

*I feel it's important to note that the only cartoon-y photo (or non-cartoon-y photo) of "brain fog" or "cotton head/brain" I could turn up on a Google search was from a menopausal-symptoms website. Hmmmm.... ye-ah. I think I've got a couple years.

6 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys October 10, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

Is there a Northern / Northmart there? Can you snap a picture for me before you leave? See my blog as to why.

Jackie S. Quire October 11, 2007 at 8:28 AM  

Hi Tina,
I forgot to post on your blog that I'd be more than happy to help out with your project (you have to promise to send me one!)
I'll take the picture/s this weekend.

Rob, Tina and the boys October 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

Sweet! You rock!

Tom October 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

Definitely menopausal

When you travel around up there is it mostly by plane? My brother used to work in Rankin Inlet as a pilot, he'd fly these red and white, small/medium sized planes...sound familiar? Not sure how many airlines are up there :)

Anonymous October 11, 2007 at 1:42 PM  

I like your new photo. I note that you are still in Ottawa winter gear. So the temperature isn't too cold yet.

Mom

Jackie S. Quire October 11, 2007 at 2:13 PM  

Tom:
Wow, small world.
Definitely any travel that is done between communities is done 100% by plane. Unless you are going to brave the elements (and lack of road) and take a snowmobile. Not necessarily a good idea. In Rankin, there's actually NO outbound road, and very few (one maybe?) paved roads in the town.
I've not had the chance to take a small plane yet, but I saw one that fits your description the other day when I was driving around town. Preettty sure I might have a mini-heart attack in those puppies haha.

Mom:
Yep, still in the good ole Columbia jacket. I am waiting a little bit still to break out the Canada Goose parka. I tried wearing it the other day, but I felt too warm. But I hear it is significantly colder in Rankin.