1/21/09

LOST in Mexico

Okay, I admit it. Like KOTN, I too... am a Lost-addict.

Maybe not to the same degree, but I've been watching the show since it first aired (I think I actually saw the premiere live... I'm a sucker for shows that are a little bit mystery, a little bit paranormal, and a lot intense) .

Lost has gotten a bad rap the past couple years. The show has a lot of potential, but they have drawn out some of the plot lines for YEARS. And I'm not talking about on-again off-again relationship plot lines (though, plenty of those too). I'm talking about "secrets" that we first were given a taste of in Season 1 ... and now entering Season 5 are only beginning to get answered.

Last year's writer's strike didn't help. I basically gave up on trying to figure out when the freaking show was on (back in the days when I didn't watch much TV, unless it was to watch something SPECIFIC) and said "whatever, I'll just watch the DVD when it comes out."

It was going to be the show's next-to-last chance. If Season 4 sucked, I was on my way out the door. Off the island. See ya.

We finished Season 4 before Christmas, and I tell you... truncated season or not, I was impressed. I was back to the tried and true tradition of yelling "WHAT?!" at the TV screen, and watching multiple episodes a night because I was so hooked.

The show premieres this Thursday, for it's fifth (of seven? That's what I've heard anyways) season.

And I'm in Mexico.

Without my laptop.

*Waaaaaaaahhhhhh.

So I have a couple options:

  • I could wait till I get to Edmonton and try and download it there.
  • I could try and find someone who has taped the episode (but I don't have a VCR so...)
  • I could try and locate a TV with an American channel in Mexico...
But none of those feels all that likely right now. Here's hoping I solve THIS mystery (ha-ha) before Thursday comes....

Sincerely,
Lost without LOST in Mexico.

6 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan January 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

I LOVE Lost. Most days I think I am the only one, so I am glad to know there are other junkies out there.

I am so happy that I can get it online from CTV since we don't have satellite!!

However, I did miss the season finale of season 4!! ARRGGG!!

KOTN January 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Wednesday Jackie, not Thursday.

KOTN January 21, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Also, said finale missed by MK&H airs again tonight, either on Space or ABC.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan January 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

ARRGGG!! We have no tv!!!!! This is one of the few times I hate not having satellite!

Jackie S. Quire January 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

KOTN: NO WAY!! I would have been a day late frantically trying to find the premiere. We get 2 english stations at my hotel, so there's a small chance....

dogsled_stacie January 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Kara - I will try to tape it for you! (I tape Lost for Heather allll the time!!)

God knows when you'll get the tape, but maybe when you're down here waiting for skeletor to arrive??!!

Oh and I love LOST too!!!!!