7/7/09

Nowhere but here

I was reading my latest obsession today, webcomic Questionable Content, and in the run of a couple strips, a character gets laid off, and part of the conversation runs they discuss what to do with a severance check.

In this case, the character in question was going to blow it all on a European vacation of some sort.

I stopped reading and immediately typed in aircanada.com. What a great idea! I could take my hard-earned severance and go somewhere beautiful.


Read more...

3 comments:

Tina July 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

Where have I been? You were laid off?

Jackie S. Quire July 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Haha! I don't know! You must have been all caught up in your blossoming photography business :)

It happened right after I got back from vacation, as part of the CBC "staff adjustment" for the recession.

http://rankin-inlet.blogspot.com/2009/06/serendipity.html is the post I did announcing it.

limo in long island December 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM  

great ideas – I am so behind on my lists.. thanks for sharing friends