3/14/08

Certifiably awesome

Yesterday was a big day.

Yesterday, I successfully completed CBC/Radio-Canada's Hazard Prevention Program.

I passed with flying colours.

And learned two very important things too.

First: The following clipart/photo was found as an illustration for the "typical hazards" I might find at work. No joke.Also: do people charged with handling biological contaminants usually wear the same rubber gloves I do when washing the floor/dishes? Maybe they do. I'm just puttin' that out there.

Second. This is how CBC feels about cell phones and driving:Just FYI. Also I'm pretty sure the mothercorp had this logo fashioned just for them. How cool! I only hope they start making stickers of these...

So. If you ever have any questions about "hazardous occurrences - - otherwise known as accidents" you know who to call. :D

3 comments:

Megan March 14, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Ahahahahaha!

OK, I've worked in five CBC shops, but I never saw ANYONE with a syringe full of blood. Perhaps this is one of the many things I missed by not moving to Toronto.

And is it just me, or is the driver in that photo listening to the bottom end of an old-school walkie-talkie instead of the normal earpiece of a cell phone? Don't tell me CBC execs don't know what it looks like when people talk on their cell phones. They're out of touch with Canada and their own staff, but they definitely know how to use their phones.

Jackie S. Quire March 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Also, I'm pretty sure that size needle is used for EXTRACTING MARROW. Not just regular run-of the mill blood.

If anyone knows of a marrow clinic masquerading as a CBC station... I think it's the public's right to know!

Anonymous March 14, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

I love that marrow guy is also wearing a rain slicker and clown glasses. Really adds to his biological terrorist appearance. If I ever run into a bio terrorist wearing a raincoat, oversized plastic specs, toilet-cleaning gloves and a huge syringe filled with what appears to be cranberry juice, I'll be sure to haul ass in the other direction. In a zig-zag pattern, of course.

Robyn