3/16/08

Condiment* reunion 2008

So.

Once upon a two weekends ago, in a frozen land far far away... your semi-dedicated blogger was lonely.

All of her friends had departed for southern climates, and she was incredibly jealous.

And lonely. Did I mention she was lonely?

One weepy phone call to her mother planted the seed that she would leave her frozen land for Easter.

On a whim, she called Aeroplan. Booked tickets out to Winnipeg.

Went online. Booked tickets to Toronto.

To spend the grand Easter holidays with her two best friends, hereby known as the great condiment* reunion.

The End.

So. There you have it. I'm going TO GEORGETOWN for Easter, and I couldn't be more excited. It's going to be a bit of a whirlwind trip. And I only got the days off approved as of Friday (thank you sooooo much Mr. Station Manager.... I reallllllly appreciate it. You have no idea). I'm not joking when I say I booked these tickets on a whim. I booked them fully knowing there was a chance I wouldn't be able to use them. But I can, and I will. And I'm just ecstatic.

OH and Rent just happens to be touring Toronto when I'm there, and we are SO going. We booked our tickets last night. Caaan't wait.

I haven't seen my girls since we graduated last June. And that was just long enough to get some pictures taken, and go out to our Ottawa haunt, Fat Tuesdays. So we are way over due. And me living up here doesn't make reunions very easy, or likely.

So condiment reunion 2008.... here I come!

* Okay, so I realize the word "condiment" only has one meaning to most of the world... and you probably think of some sort of sandwich topping. Oh but it goes so much farther than that. In Ottawa the girls and I lived in a townhouse that was TECHNICALLY a condo. Room mates... nah, condo-mates. Which quickly became condiments. Now you get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous March 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

YESSSS!!!!!!! this will be the GREATEST, FUNNEST, MOST HIJINKS-Y EASTER EVER!!!! And I can't believe you scored RENT tickets!!!!

4 More Sleeps!!!

Robyn

Anonymous March 16, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

I'm superduper excited for you!!!

Will there be an IKEA trip? lol

Rob, Tina and the boys March 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Yeah for you!!!