3/17/08

Intervention hurts my soul

Seriously.

I just watched two hours of people tearing their families apart, and having every intent of leaving them in shreds on the ground.

And the episode I just watched had this dude who denied his alcoholism (he drank something like 1.5 litres of straight vodka a day... not even watered down. Just vodka in a glass) to the point where it literally killed him.

Even after the intervention, he went to the treatment center, and was kicked out because he denied having a problem.

He died less than a month ago.

Every shot I saw of this man... this thirty year old man... made me think of a child. A really misbehaved child.

I don't think I'll watch that show again. Reality TV where people try to be prettier than one other is one thing. People destroying themselves is another. It just hurts too much.

Damn my bleeding heart.

3 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys March 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

I can't bring myself to watch that show. It's right up there with "Little Miracles", the show from the Toronto Children's hospital. I just can't watch it.

Sarah N March 18, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

But sometimes there's episodes where the intervention and treatment works and its ll so uplifting at the end!!

Shelagh March 25, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

I'm happier watching fun reality shows. I think real life has enough heart break already I don't need to borrow more. I can't bring myself to watch Emergency Vets. I'd rather watch a reality show where the participants have a choice to be there and someone wins a pile of money at the end.