3/7/08

Pleasantly surprised

Ok, so on today's edition of "found at the Northern"... we have a special segment.

It's called "things I thought would be gross but really aren't"


Seriously. I remember once seeing this in Quebec and was like GROSS. Why would anyone do that!??!! (Much the same opinion I have of Clamato juice... don't get me started)

Many moons later... and millions of kilometres away from a good smoked salmon... my opinion has changed.

There is no smoked char left in town.

And so I bought this.

And you know what. It is delish. Absolutely wonderful. And just think... I save so much money eating Philly's smoked salmon cream cheese...

Because otherwise I'd be buying the cream cheese, the salmon/char AND the cracker paraphernalia...

I'm a genius. Oh and I'll give some of the credit to Kraft too.

4 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan March 7, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

I love that stuff as well!

Rob, Tina and the boys March 7, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Let's say it all together now .... "We all love the Northern".

Anonymous March 8, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

I bought a container just like from the Northern awhile back but unfortunately it ended up at the back of my fridge before I could try it out. When I rediscovered it sometime later I thought opening it up might not be such a smart idea. But now, that you've reminded me of it.....I really really really want some now.

Mary T March 9, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Been eating it for a while now as a light smoke salmon spread its delicious on crackers