7/1/08

On the road again...

Today we leave Greece. And I'm hardly ready to go back.

I like it here... but I'll admit it is kind of time to move on. I'm just not sure I'm ready to go ALL the way back.

I've been feeling a bit nomadic of late. People ask me where I'm from... I say where I live (Rankin), and where I grew up (PEI)... but neither of those really feels like HOME.

It's kind of depressing. I know where my family home is... I know where all my personal effects are... but one is just memories and the other, material goods.

It would be nice to just settle down somewhere... in a place I feel "has it all"... so I'm not constantly wanting out, craving "more" or "else"... so I can just BE for awhile.

Now I just have to find that place.....

1 comments:

Anonymous July 7, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

That feeling comes eventually. When I l ived in the North, I left the same way. I always thought there had to be "more"; somewhere fun and fulfilling and home. I found it. But I had to move six more times to find it.
It's coming for you, too.