7/23/08

Wish I got a kickback for this...

Okay, so as Northerners... we all are pretty savvy, I'd say, about the best way to buy/borrow/pillage/steal Aeroplan points.

Because lord knows... getting to Winnipeg/Ottawa/Edmonton etc... can be a pricey feat... and by far the best bang for your buck is to do it Aeroplan style.

Most of us know about the CIBC Aerogold... sign up and get 15,000... and collect 1.5/dollar after that...

But I just thought I'd put a little bug in your ear about a promo my mom told me about... when you open an account at CIBC. The account is 12.95/month (about 6 bucks more than I pay normally...) and if you set your payroll to go direct deposit into the account... OR set up 3 scheduled payments... then you get 15,000 Aeroplan points.

Seems like a sweet deal to me. And I opened my account today. I figure between the two promotions... I'll have all my trips south paid for, for the next year.

Talk about swank!

https://www.aeroplan.com/promotions/promotion_details.do?promotion=promo_webup1286_2008_06_01&selectedPartnerID=CIBCUnlimitedChequingAccount

4 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan July 23, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

And did you also know that once a year for I think $400 you can purchase 15 000 points. Good deal as well for northerners!

Jackie S. Quire July 23, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

Kara:

How do you do this???

sdasdasdsad July 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

If you really want Aeroplan points you need to read this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=375

Air Canada /Aeroplan forum.

:)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan July 24, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

Just give them a call Jackie. You can do it once a year!