So I was doing something disgustingly nerdy Friday morning (reading random articles from Merlin Mann's website - - seriously, how someone with such a TERRIBLE name can become so well known is freaking beyond me) when I discovered a new blog/website: "5ives"
I don't consider it a blog, because for me, blogs feel just much more personal than this (but maybe that's because I primarily read personal blogs). But that doesn't mean it's not incredibly entertaining.
Premise: random lists of five, anything from "Five Web 2.0 ways to break up with your boyfriend" to "Five terrible fake names for villages in England"
And I think my personal favourite?
Five terrible fake astronomical pickup lines
March 13th, 2008
- Ever wonder what’s happening under Orion’s belt?
- Hop in my van, and I’ll show you something else that’s constantly expanding.
- Was Democritus the first one to postulate your mysterious Milky Way?
- I’d like to Sagittarius your Pisces, and that’s no Taurus.
- How about we go outside and discover Uranus?