4/20/09

Pool party time!

So, I've been invited to a pool party!
Yes! Me! Pool! Party!
Don't believe me? Here's the e-vite:

Hi Everyone,

Please save the date and join us for the 2009 Hoffman Summer Pool Party

When: Saturday, June 2
7th at 12:00 noon
Where: 1512129 Manor
Lake Drive
Rockville, MD 21853

(301) 555-0836

We hope see you all!


Love,
Eileen & Warren


So Eileen and Warren have invited me to their pool party, and I can't wait! I bet I'll have even more fun than these people are having:



I'd say the goofy-looking guy is Warren. He looks like a Warren to me. Or maybe a Neville. Definitely a Warren or a Neville.

Oh wait.

"MD". Does that stand for Maryland? Shoot. I won't be able to make it guys. Even though you have given me three months notice, to "save the date" I really don't know if I'll be able to swing it.

Sorry guys.

Maybe next year?

But seriously, "Eileen and Warren." This is at least the fifth time I've replied to your emails with the following message:

Hi there,
I believe you have the wrong "Jackie S. Quire." Please update your address books.
Thank you.
Jackie S. Quire
(email address here)

And you keep ignoring me and copying me on all your stupid events. I don't want to be a part of the Full Moon Family Reunion. I don't want to be copied on your latest resume. Please please please stop sending me emails.

I can't take the heartbreak of another pool party I can't attend.

3 comments:

Shelagh April 20, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

I think you should show up... clearly they didn't update their address book cause they have the Jackie they want.

Email them back and ask them what you should bring...

Jackie S. Quire April 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Haha, agreed!
Pool noodle it is!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan April 20, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Oh yes! You should definitely go!