4/23/09

Warm heart

I called my old office in Quebec City this morning... looking for a phone number for a throat singer living there.

And that black-cloud that had settled around me was briefly lifted, and the sun just shone through as my former co-workers yelled cheerful hello's across thousands of miles of telephone wire.

One even saying that he wants to fly me in to play softball with them this summer.

I don't know why I'm blinking back tears as I write this, but it was just so nice to feel... I don't know. Missed? Man that's selfish. I know my friends and family miss me, just like I miss them. But feeling so isolated and alone makes you forget that stuff. And it was a wonderful, beautiful reminder of a really good time in my life. Not always an easy one, but a good one... even if it just lasted 5 months.

So thanks to them. Whether they know I'm thanking them or not.

2 comments:

Tina April 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

I know the feeling. Being told that your are missed by family and close friends is one thing, but to be told you are missed by someone who you don't speak to everyday is just something else. Oh, btw, I MISS YOU JACKIE!!!! :)

Jackie S. Quire April 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Awww... thanks Tina :) Miss you too haha.