4/21/09

The new template

Wow.

So things look a little different around here eh?

As I think maybe you remember, I was pretty happy with the old theme. I felt it was just sooooo "me" it was disgusting. Not bad disgusting, mind you. Good disgusting.

Like Wendy's fries with mayo. Yum.

But over the weekend something bizarre happened. I think the Photobucket account that hosted the images for the template expired or something. Or I used up all its bandwidth or something like that. I don't know. All I know is the images were all wonky on Monday. And may or may not have given me a seizure.

So I had to change it. Fast. And I temporarily switched to good ole trusty polka-dot template in the meantime. That is, until I could find a suitable replacement. I spent ALL YESTERDAY AND ALL TODAY* coming up with this one... and customizing it "just so".

And of course, as soon as I had done that, I found another non-corrupted version of my old template.

So because I'm incapable of making a decision on my own... LET THE VOTING BEGIN!





*Yah right. I love my blog, but I have a life and a job. Get real.

6 comments:

Megan April 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Hmmm. Are you a scrapbooky person? I'm not sure that this template is right. Templates are harder to pick than most people realise. It took months to get mine together.

Jackie S. Quire April 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

I know. I found so many that just didn't speak to me. And I like green... but I admittedly am a bit iffy about this one, hence the poll.

The trouble with the old swirly one was that it was REALLY HARD to customize. It was converted from a wordpress template and there were a ton of glitches. I never ended up fixing them all... because I just lack the HTML knowlege, I guess.

I would really like to have someone help me build one, but the places I have been looking aren't taking new consignments. And I have ZERO graphic design ability/know-how.

Meandering Michael April 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

I'm trying to find the Easter Bunny. Isn't there an Easter Bunny hidden on this one, somewhere?

Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

I'm not too crazy about that shade of green and like Michael I was looking for an Easter Bunny... As long as the template isn't too overpowering I'm OK with most of them - it is after all the content (writing and/or photos) I enjoy

Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

Eh You have good taste so I imagine anyone of Your selections would be great lol

LH

Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Wow! nice wordpress templates... thanks for the sharing........
more templates
http://www.itemplatez.com