5/7/09

Confidante by force

Over the past couple days, I've had something strange happen to me... not once, but TWICE.

TWICE in the past week, I've had OLDER MARRIED MEN talk to me about their relationships with their wives. And the conversations always go like this:

 

OMM: So we've been married (9/7) years, and I love my wife, I really do...

JSQ: (silent, nodding)

OMM: And she's a great woman, and things between us are great...

JSQ: mmhm

OMM: ... but some times, I swear. Like she's got ISSUES.

JSQ: oh?

OMM: YAH. I mean, she (doesn't like that I travel for work/totally spoils our adopted Chinese daughter), and it DRIVES ME CRAZY.

JSQ: hmm, I see.

OMM: But seriously, things were REALLY ROUGH for a couple of months there. She was just being totally unreasonable, and I couldn't take it anymore. And of course, the fact that she (doesn't like that I travel for work/totally spoils our adopted Chinese daughter) is actually just ONE of the many many things that are getting to her, but of course she's taking it out on ME.

JSQ: yah, that's too bad.

OMM: So eventually, I just snapped. And told her that I couldn't take it anymore. And either we settle it or I'M GONE.

JSQ: oh no

OMM: Yah. But things are better now, she has chilled out a bit. And now things are totally fine.

JSQ: that's nice.

 

Yah. Okay. Weird, no? In both situations, it started off like the men were being sleezy and bitching about their wives to impress the young gal... but in the end... no... that vibe was gone, and it turns out they just wanted to have someone confirm they weren't totally arseholes.

 

Well, I'm not sure if I fufilled that role or not... but whatever.

Weird.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous May 7, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Weird, no. Everyone needs someone to talk to and who better than a young impressionable female they will/may never see again. You must have an open honest face that says talk to me. Men usually steer clear of the clouded ones..

Tree

Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

That's why Danielle wears a hat when she travels

Mom

Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

I like Your anonymous Mom..............she sounds like me.....but though I have never met You or seen You You must be pretty and smart....and someday I mite meet You then I would see You and say YES she is Smart and Pretty lol Have a nice Day LH