5/20/09

Round-about route

Yep, that's the route I'm taking from Rankin Inlet to Charlottetown on Friday/Saturday. And I MEAN Friday AND Saturday. I leave Rankin on Friday after work, arrive in Edmonton at 9pm, depart Edmonton at midnight, arrive in Toronto at 6am before taking off 3 hours later and arriving home in the lovely, quaint, Charlottetown airport at noon.

I'm certainly making my aeroplan points work for me on this flight. I just checked it on Expedia, and it came to $3100. Yikes! I really honestly think that the best value-for-dollar Aeroplan tickets are through Canada's north. Shit, for 25,000 points, the farthest you can get is a "long-haul" flight within North America. And you could fly from Newfoundland to Los Angelas for less than $2000 (off-sale).

But when I booked the tickets, First Air didn't have their flight to Winnipeg... and Calm Air wasn't accepting Aeroplan redemptions... so I really had no choice (though I would have preferred to go through Ottawa). It will be hard for the pup, I'm sure (and probably for me too) but I'll just pass out on the plane once I get to Edmonton. It's not like Air Canada feeds us anyway.

So I'm heading home, sweet home. To my dear, fair isle.... and I'm waaay too ready. I'll be home for a week or so, before darting off to New Orleans for about the same amount of time. Then back to the island for another day or two, to pick up the pup and head back up north.

Yet again, zooming across the country. What can I say, I like to travel :)

7 comments:

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Good For You.....Have a great time...LH

Megan May 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

How long are you going to be in Yellowknife?

Jackie S. Quire May 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

HA. like 2 minutes?
It's just a transfer plane-to-plane, unfortunately. Or I would have demanded your presence FOR SURE.

Jackie S. Quire May 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

I just looked it up.
Arrive YK @ 19:15, Depart @ 19:55
:(

Megan May 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Too bad. The David Hasselhoff convention will have to wait.

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

What a long flight. It is like going from Miami to Chicago to Calgary to Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk.

Jackie S. Quire May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Yah, i just did the math, and it's 6165 kms in what, 16 hours?

Insane.