6/22/08

Bright eyed and bushy tailed

So I would say I'm officially jet-lagged... or at least my internal clock is massively screwed up.

It seems like I'm alway hungry and I'm on this roller coaster ride of sleep-deprived false energy and flat-out exhaustion, where I can't even keep my eyes open.

I know what the calendar date is... but I have no clue what day of the week it is. So bizarre.

So we're not on the boat yet... it had to be pushed back a day because the London group (most of the tour) got delayed (by the same delay as us... grrrrr). Talk about frustrating. Probably could have saved ourselves hoards of hassle if we'd only known.

So the night was spent at Hotel Avra in Rafina... somewhat off the beaten path, with more Greek tourists than Anglo like us.

Anyways. We meet up with the tour after lunch today, and then we are off. I really can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 22, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Last year I was surprised to have little problem with jet lag. Probably the sheer excitement kept me awake and relatively alert. This year I found myself a bit more jet lagged but on my third day here I'm pretty much over it. I can probably thank my 2 years in the military for helping me to be able function on little or no sleep. I travel carry-on free just for the convenience of getting in out of planes and airports faster. But I know if my luggage ever got held up somewhere, traveling with no backup clothes in carry-on will put me in a bind. Hope you enjoy your trip and have no more big hassles.

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

You have the vacation munchies! I get those everytime I travel... as for jetlag, I ended up that way for a good week. It's horrible.