Best parts of our messed-up flight fiasco....
- McDonald's juicy Big Mac at the JFK airport. It's been so long, and it was heaven.
- Berlin Air has this really cute "comfort gift pack" that they put on your seat when you get on the aircraft... with a blowup pillow, blanket, eye cover, ear plugs, extra socks, tooth brush, tooth paste... etc. And you get to keep it. So cool.
- The 2-euro, 7-minute massage chairs at the Berlin Air gate, en route from Dusseldorf to Athens. Best 2 bucks and 7-minutes of my life.
- From the sky, everything looked just so white. It was startling.
- From the ground... it's almost desert-like in places. And the soil is largely very red, almost like PEI soil
- The ocean is just the richest colour of royal blue. Drool-worthy
- It's veeerrrry warm (easily 30-35 degrees) but there is such a fierce wind, it's really not a big deal.
- People have been so wonderful and kind... and generous. Seeing we looked paniced in the airport, letting us get ahead of them in purchase lines...We found this shoe shop in Rafina, and the girl spoke very little English, and was probably my age. We told her our sad luggage story, and she helped Jeff find a pair of sandals...and then gave them to us for 5-euros off. Such a sweet gesture.