9/4/08

Chef Jackie

I was making my merry way to work this morning, and somewhere out of the blue began contemplating a career change.

I will become... a CHEF!

Okay. So I think I just realized where that 'brainstorm' came from. I was thinking about my ipod. And the videos I put on it prior to the UK vacation (yes, I will eventually get down to writing about that).

And how one of the movies I had already seen, but forgot.

And that I was glad I hadn't seen the other movie, Ratatouille, because it was entertaining.

Then I got thinking about how I had read that Ratatouille was supposedly a really good example of how the 'higher' echelons of the culinary world work.

And then I thought about the word 'sauciere' - the person who makes the sauces in nice restaurants.

And then I decided I would become a chef.

This kind of idea has crossed my mind in the past... but I always said I couldn't do it because my chef-cousin once told me that you had to carve up cow carcasses ... and I didn't think I could do that.

But since moving to the north, I've had the experience of filleting my VERY OWN FISH. So obviously I could handle filleting a cow.

Right?

Anyways, I think my point here is that I like cooking. I am 23. And I never really considered the possibility of changing my career ... because journalism had always been the goal. But now that I have that, I'm starting to realize that there's a whole lifetime ahead of me. And I can do whatever I want with it.

And maybe I can be a chef.

And THEN maybe I can be a food columnist.

And THEN  I would have the best job IN THE WORLD.

-30-

4 comments:

Robyn September 4, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I love that this career decision came from watching a cartoon about a cooking rat....

Jackie S. Quire September 4, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

My logic is FLAWLESS.

Mom September 4, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Just don't give up on the journalism yet. It took a lot of work to get there and you are good at it.

Mom

Jackie S. Quire September 4, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Don't worry mom, I'm not giving it up yet. I was just inspired by a mouse :)