9/6/08

Neutering and Stephen Harper

...but NOT

Neutering Stephen Harper. I'll leave that to Laureen.

Does this photo not look photoshopped???? It's from the front page of cbc.ca this morning, but it looks like Harper was cut out of a press photo and pasted in a pastoral scene.

Bizarre.

Also: there's no photo credit. Hmmmmmmmm.

**update** The photo has now been removed from cbc.ca. So I am now the one and only person to have this rare photo of Harper pretending to be pastoral. Enjoy.

So now that I've got that out of the way... I have an announcement to make. The puppy is soon going to be emasculated.

That's right. The vet is in town the week after next, and Sully is gettin' fixed. I feel a little bit bad, because he's really mellowed out in the past couple months... he still eats anything and everything he can get his little paws on... but he now sits on the couch fairly content-ly... instead of bouncing from it to the armchair and floor and back again (ok, well he still does that, especially when just being let back in the house... or when he's first out of puppy-confinement [the area where he stays when I'm not at home]... but it's a HUGE improvement).

So, anything I should know about this whole 'procedure' from you folkies? I know there is a certain soon-to-be-vet who occasionally frequents this blog...

Keep in mind, Sully is my first puppy... and I....


***SIDE NOTE. I AM WRITING WITH AN EDITOR TODAY. I HAVE A LITTLE PESKY KNOW-IT-ALL LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER WHO HAS INFORMED ME I AM NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE PHRASE 'PSEUDO-KNOW-NOTHING' BECAUSE INSTEAD OF JUST SOUNDING LIKE A FUN WAY OF SAYING I KNOW NOTHING, IT ACTUALLY MEANS I KNOW EVERYTHING. AND THAT I CAN'T WRITE 'OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS' EITHER. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. YES I AM A JOURNALIST. YES I SHOULD, IN THEORY KNOW THESE THINGS. BUT THIS IS A BLOG. I HARDLY STRIVE FOR LITERARY GENIUS. MY DAY IS OFFICIALLY RUINED :P ***

... don't know anything about dogs. So anything you've got is helpful.

And, a photo, because it's been a long time since I've posted a photo of the pup (who, incidentally, is no longer a puppy... he turned 1 on the 24th of August.)

3 comments:

Robyn September 6, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Where is this photo you speak of? All I see is Harper.... and Sully's far cuter.

No offense, Steve.

Megan September 6, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Note to readers: I am not in Rankin Inlet. I swear I am not the one telling Jackie what to write.

However, I do appreciate the fact that she didn't use "pseudo-know-nothing" to describe a person who doesn't know anything. :)

Also, I am very proud that she may have influenced the MotherCorp to take down what may have been an unnecessary photo illustration.

Meandering Michael September 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

When my dog got "fixed", he was running around the same day as if nothing happened. Actually, I think he was running around a little easier than before...