9/9/08

Jackie and the all-around frustrating Tuesday

I hate Bell.
I hate television.
I hate things I do not know how to operate.
I hate coaxial cables.

I hate mittens that cost 44.00 at the Northern, and aren't even all that nice.
I hate rain that is so cold it feels like snow. Or hail. Or some other miserable wintery thing.
I hate making my puppy go out in that kind of weather, because I know it's cold, and I know he'll just hide under the stairs and I'll have to go out in the brrrr and untangle him.

I hate lightbulbs I can't change on my own.
I hate wiping the counter.
I hate taking clothes out of the dryer.
I hate taking foodmail boxes out to the garbage can. They just blow away anyways. So why bother?

I hate First Air for cancelling their flights out of here.
I hate Calm Air for not being able to offer Aeroplan seats anymore.

I hate that I just seem to have called it quits on my half-finished painting job.

I hate student loans.
I hate credit cards.

I hate the "I want, I need" itch.
I hate the remedy for feeling like life sucks is to buy things online, and have them arrive 3 weeks later.

I hate being away from my friends.
I hate being away from my family.
I hate having grown up so fast and for pushing too hard too fast and too strong.

I hate that I never took a break between high school and university, and university and "the career"

I hate that I feel like this right now, and am depressing the hell out of everyone that is reading this. But too bad. If it sucks, don't read it.

6 comments:

Kate Nova September 9, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

I like your new blog colours!
And I don't even know what coaxial cables are, so you are miles ahead of me in that department.
I think this is a super bumpy time of the year all around, it's easy to get sad.
I'm sorry people are being discouraging about the curling/various schemes. I guess you just have to ignore them.

Jackie S. Quire September 9, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Thanks KN: I have been messing with them alot this afternoon, and I think I'm happy with the result now.

Some day I'm going to get one designed for realsies.

One thing I've not been so good at developing is a thick skin. Maybe my callous-y self will eventually take hold. But until then I guess I'm doomed to have moments such as these.

Thanks though :)

Matthew & Michele September 9, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

I agree with kate nova regarding the blog colours.

This time of the year the weather can be miserable and keep a person cooped up.

You should try writing a “What I love post”. It may cheer you up.

Bell does suck!

Curling is fun try it!

Don't listen to the person being pessimistic. It has always amazed me that a group will come up with a great idea and have several people willing to put in the effort and have the enthusiasm, just to give up by a couple of negative remarks. Your friends won’t know if the project will work or not unless they try.

Questions to ask regarding said person(s):
- Does this person(s) curl?
- Are they jealous they didn't think of it?
- Do they usually put down other peoples ideas?
- What is their vested interest?

I checked your profile and it says you live in Rankin too. That puts an end to that person(s) argument.

Stay positive and smile.

:o)

Robyn September 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

I hate being away from you too. I hate having people look at me funny when I make hilarious clown jokes. I hate that you're all the way up there freezing, and not down here melting with me!! :P

Buck up soldier, the shmoops will go away soon :)

Mongoose September 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

Oh, you're not depressing me at all. You're making me feel happy that I love my life, I love cold weather, I love walking my dog in cold weather, and I love the choices I've made - including growing up so fast. Thanks for the positive moment. :)

KOTN September 10, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

Co-Axial cables warm my dark heart. I love wires.