9/9/07

glub!


I
HATE
COSTCO

I swear, the store will be the death of me.
I really bought too much this weekend... but I have justified just about all of it... with the whole "really I'm SAVING money because things are so much more expensive up north..." mantra.

But now that I think about it... 150 loads worth of laundry detergent, and 180 loads worth of dishwasher gel packies now seems a tad excessive.

But ... "it was on sale" ... and rumour has it that a small box of Tide costs something like $40 bucks. Thank god for the Northern Living Allowance haha.

My jacket arrived on Friday, and of course, it was a million sizes too big for me. Cursed relative sizing. When I ordered an XL I was thinking of my Columbia ski jacket, which is an L womens... and so I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal to go a size up (with the idea of wearing layers underneath...) but it looks like I actually am a Medium in Canada Goose sizing. So I begin the jacket-search yet again. Grr.

But on a happier note... I think someone from work is going to buy my jacket from me, so I won't really be out anything... and I bought my boots today. Put a nice little dent in my bank account balance (haha what balance??) but it's practical. I'll be walking 20 minutes to and from work every day, and I'm sure I'll be thankful when the weather gets cold.

Here's what 199+tax buys you in North Face boot-wear:

6 comments:

jen September 10, 2007 at 1:54 PM  

Bring Paper Towels and Toilet Paper! That stuff is very expensive for what it's worth up here. Although Rankin is a pretty big centre, so it might not be as expensive. I think the important thing is stock up on the things you know you need or use a lot, but also remember that nothing is too far out of your reach, if you forget something, there are ways to get it.

Anonymous September 10, 2007 at 5:19 PM  

And from your Aunt, the nurse's perspective - you do not want to go without the feminine supplies and the medications including tylenol and gravol and cold supplies, prescriptions, bandaids, ace wraps..maybe your own personal first aid box....plus lip chapping protector.

Jackie S. Quire September 10, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

Oooh, paper towels.
I'll have to stock up on those.
I have PLEANTY of tp though. Waaay too much for just one person haha.

Jackie S. Quire September 10, 2007 at 5:22 PM  

My dear mother made sure her accident-prone daughter had her own first aid kit from the first christmas at university.

It gets replenished every subsequent christmas... from my stocking haul.

Haha.

jen September 11, 2007 at 7:24 PM  

It definately snows in September! I worked a night shift last night and it snowed beautiful fluffy flakes all night! There was a complete coverage by the morning, but the sun came out and washed it all away!
You will defiantly see the northern lights!!! There is no question about that! I just find for some reason I see them every night in the fall, not so frequent in like Nov-Jan, but I still see them. You might even see them brighter in Rankin then where I am!

Anonymous September 16, 2007 at 8:03 AM  

JAckie,

Remember the VITAMINS and MINERALS - all inclusive (just like a good trip) with Vit. A, B's, C, D, E, folic acid and iron!

Pris