9/25/07

Most rushed entry ever...

Ok, so my typing skills are being put to the test... I told myself I would catch a cab at 8:15... with the hopes of being at the airport at 8:45.... not sure what the traffic will be like etc... and my plane leaves at 9:50...

But I wanted to do a quick entry before I fly away... far far away...

I am so excited.

I actually woke up at 5:30 this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep because my entire body was pumping with excitement-driven adrenaline (even though the Crown Plaza has a "sleep system" including the most comfortable bed I've ever laid down in... smoothest, coziest duvet... relaxation CD, lavender sheet mist... the list goes on).

I can't believe I am doing this, I can't believe this is happening... I can't believe I am going to work tomorrow ... to be a NEWS reporter.

Yesterday was beautiful. A balmy 25 degrees. My hotel is located on Lyon Street, just off Wellington... but a very decent walk from the Rideau Centre/Market. But I walked down, and on the way (and way back) realized how much of Ottawa I had passed by in the four years I lived here. I just never walked anywhere, I always took OC Transpo. I had no idea what I had missed... which is a shame.

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to visit :)

OK THAT IS IT, I HAVE STUFF TO DO, I AM LEAVING THE COMPUTER... ADIOS EVERYONE!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous September 25, 2007 at 1:05 PM  

Hi Jackie,

I've really been enjoying reading your blog! It sounds like you are in store for lots of excitement and adventure. You're going somewhere most Cdns never get to experience - I can't wait to read more. :)

Cheers,
Angela D