8/17/08

Observations from a road-weary traveller

  1. European airports are not actually airports. They are malls. With parking spots for airplanes. And lots of security.
  2. In order to have a good night's sleep on an airplane, you need to channel McGyver. I fashioned a neck/head support out of my zip-up tied around my neck and bolstered by a bite-sized pillow.
  3. Flying on ONLY ONE AIRLINE is MUCH easier than 4 different ones. No wonder the trip to Greece was such a gong show
  4. I am glad I speak English. Because everyone speaks English. No, I'm not being rude. Just stating the truth. Everyone speaks English.
  5. I have, in the past 2 months, spent time in too many different airports. Rankin, Winnipeg, LaGuardia, JFK, Dusseldorf, Athens, Toronto, Minneapolis, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, London. Shit that's a lot.
  6. I am wearing makeup. I have not worn makeup for 2 consecutive days in about a year. I just got off a 7.5 hr flight, but I look fabulous because I am wearing mascara. That being said...
  7. I have not had a full nights sleep since Wednesday night. I can barely keep my eyes open. Not that I have eyes anymore. Just giant bags where two slits sit on my face.
  8. I am going to splurge on a pedicure. It's decided. XpresSpa is calling me.

0 comments: