8/10/08

Sunday evening observations

  • The puppy does NOT appreciate being vaccumed. This was discovered while I was cleaning "his area" after yesterday's mega-shed. And I decided to give the vacuum a go on his coat. The upholstry brush worked okay, but the regular sucky tube didn't do as good a job as I had hoped. It kind of just dislodged the soon-to-shed fur and then left the rest of the work for me. Sully looked at me with the most pathetic of faces. "Whyyyy do you doooo this to meeee?"
  • I wish I could move my apartment to another part of town. I'm sooooo sick of having mini panic attacks when the couple across the street have screeching fights that I can hear from inside my house with the windows closed. Some day I will seriously call the RCMP on them. But I just can't figure out where that line is. It doesn't seem to upset anyone else near as much as me.
  • Sometimes you just need to spend a weekend at home. I had such a great time this Sat/Sun. I did just about nothing, but hung out with friends on Friday night, spent most of the day with the boy on Saturday, hung out with another friend low-key style (lots of Olympics coverage was watched), chilled by myself all day today, and then had Sunday supper with the boy today. There's just something so great about being able to hang out with people and enjoy their company without pressure. Looking back on what I just wrote, it seems like I actually did a lot, but not compared to the past couple weekends where I was out at the cabin...fishing, picking mussels.... socializing into the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes I live in my own little geriatric ward. And I love it.
  • I bought my first carving today! I *think* I'm pretty picky, and so I've not really bought any art since I came up. But a guy came by today, and I happened to have cash on me, and I really though the back AND white soapstone was a cool effect. It's only about 8 inches tall, and a bit slanty, but like it. So far I've bought two things up here, and both of them are inukshuks. One is this sculpture, and the other a drawing/sketch from this girl in town. I do have a bit of an inukshuk facination (yes Matt, now the people will know we were here), so I guess it's fitting they are my only purchases thus far. I had actually expected my first "northern art" to be a white (ivory, maybe?) inukshuk necklace, but I've yet to find one I really like. I'm holding out for the perfect one :)

5 comments:

Megan August 11, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Spousal assault is a crime. You should call the RCMP any time you have evidence of a crime.

*takes off Mom hat*

Jackie S. Quire August 11, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Here's the thing though. I think it's just angry screaming. I never actually hear anyone scream in PAIN or say "DON'T TOUCH ME" or "DON'T HIT ME" (and trust me, I would hear that).

Robyn August 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Mom says to stop vaccuuming your poor puppy, you're going to give him heart failure. She also says to buy the Furminator (?) because it works. And she has 7 dogs.... she'd know.

Listen to my mommy :P

Jackie S. Quire August 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Robyn: I can just imagine your mom scandalized at me vacuuming the pup.

Sorrrrryyyy! I'm a new dog owner, after all!

Mom August 14, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

I like the soapstone carving.

Mom