12/19/07

All is calm...

Except at the Northern this morning when easily half the town stormed the store between 8 and 9 am.

I don't get paid till tomorrow so I was not one of them. But I did get my taste of crazy Christmas after-hours madness the other day, when Jaime and I went to "ladies night" to stock up on Smartfood popcorn and board games.

Did I mention she's my soulmate?? lol.

But things do seem to be quieter of late. Maybe its the dwindling daylight... (it's 9:21 right now, and I don't even see a strip of sunrise yet...) maybe its people gradually heading "home" for Christmas...

I, on the other hand, feel BUSIER these days. Work has been busy... mostly just the regular news things... but then also preparing for the week I will be gone... and news is pretty slow over the holidays, so everyone's trying to pitch in on that. My problem is I'm too deadline-oriented now, and have trouble getting myself keyed up to finish something that isn't 'NEEDED' in the immediate future.

Speaking of keyed up.... I'm leaving for Winnipeg SO SOON. And I'm really excited. It's not the same as going to my real home for Christmas, but I'm going to be staying with relatives, so that's almost as good. I am taking Sully with me... which should be an adventure in itself. I've got so much to do before then... trying to pack differently than I normally do... my mom has sent a tupperware container full of presents via bus from PEI... I want to pick up some stuff in Winnipeg too... and I have to make sure I have the puppy's things too. Not to mention clean. Which I feel may or may not really happen. And its looking like I'm going to do the typical Jackie all-nighter the night before hand because of my deadline issues. Haha.

And then I realized how boring a post this must be for everyone. Sorry!

10 comments:

Anonymous December 19, 2007 at 11:25 AM  

The Rubbermaid "boot box" has arrived in Winnipeg.

Mom

Rob, Tina and the boys December 19, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

Yea you posted! Things haven't been all that busy here with shopping seeing we are only an hour away from Yellowknife. BUT, seeing as there was a fire at the WalMart in Yellowknife last week we may see an increase in sales! When do you fly to Edmonton? Do you have a stop over in Yellowknife at all?

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan December 19, 2007 at 5:52 PM  

Oh! I thought you were staying there for Christmas! Good to be with family. I invite heaps of people over and just pretend that they are family :)

Make sure to call the airline the day before and confirm that you are travelling with your puppy.

Anonymous December 20, 2007 at 7:12 AM  

Jackie:

I hope you are looking up our Sharkey cousins while in Winnipeg. If you are staying with them you'll have a great time. If you are not staying with them they would be very disappointed if you didn't make contact with them.

Cousin Edith

Anonymous December 20, 2007 at 9:27 AM  

Does the puppy get to ride on the seat next to you or does he have to go in the cargo area?

For a little puppy, he sure has done a lot of travelling!

Jackie S. Quire December 20, 2007 at 9:42 AM  

Mom: Thanks! Those rubbermaid containers sure have served us well over the years...

Tina: I am actually flying to Winnipeg, on Sunday. And via Calm Air... so who knows when I'll arrive. They are notorious for "mechanical problems"... but I bought travel insurance, so I'm all set.

Kara: Done and done. I'm the most prepared traveller that ever was this time around. Now all I have to do is pack...

Edith: You guessed it, I'm staying with Brian/Michele and the whole gang when I'm there. Lucky we have such a big family eh?

Kathryn: Not on the seat next to me (heh, then I'd have to buy him a ticket!) but he'll be under the seat in front of me. He's going to rack up a pile of aeroplan miles over his lifetime I think haha.

Jaime December 20, 2007 at 12:16 PM  

Hahah soulmate. Now I have two and neither are Jeff, lol! Never forget, you're my cleanse coach first and foremost. ;)

HAVE A GOOD TRIP IF I DON'T SEE YOU UNTIL AFTER.

--Jaime

Jaime December 20, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

P.S. Leah is sad at the prospect of not having you to walk on until the new year. You can tell she's sad because she's playing with her catnip mouse and havin the time of her life chasing it around the apartment...sigh, what a sad sight to see.

Hahahaha okay I'll stop.

KOTN December 21, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

"My problem is I'm too deadline-oriented now, and have trouble getting myself keyed up to finish something that isn't 'NEEDED' in the immediate future."

That one just isn't your problem.... that could have appeared on my blog ;)

Jackie S. Quire December 21, 2007 at 11:54 PM  

Correction:
Not Calm Air, First Air.
Good thing too... First Air you get a real meal!!!