4/29/08

Blogging news

First item of blogging news:

I am a bad blogger. I have neglected my blog since Wednesday of last week. Why? I have no idea. Sometimes I guess I just get weary of being interesting. Sometimes I like to be boring.

Second item of blogging news:

My baby sister has joined the ranks of the blogging world!!!!
I'm sure she's going to kill me for calling her my baby sister. But oh well.

Danielle (the aforementioned sister) is en route to Vietnam as I type. Maybe somewhere over the Pacific. She's in Vietnam for 2 months, as part of her degree at UNB's Renaissance College. She's going to be living and working in a small community, in local orphanages.

Her blog is at sharkeyinvietnam.blogspot.com ... and it's such a great read.

I'm so disgustingly proud of her, she's only 20, and has such an unreal experience ahead of her.

Third item of blogging news (without actually being about me, a blogger, or any other fellow bloggers...):

My MOM is coming to RANKIN. She's arriving next Thursday. And will be around for my birthday (May 10th!) and is up for about 2 weeks.
I really hope we have some warmer weather for her visit. For some reason old man winter has decided to swoop back into the Kivalliq... giving us some pretty steady temperatures in the -20s. I had put away my Canada Goose parka a couple weeks ago, but had to unearth it again at the end of last week. Though the wind pants are gone gone gone... not that I've been doing any heavy-duty walking these days anyways.

Taima :)

4 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys April 29, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Woo hoo! You're back! Woo hoo for your sister and super super WOO HOO for your mom coming to visit!

Megan April 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

How exciting! Post lots of pictures of your mom's visit. When my folks came to Inuvik, they wanted to get pictures of themselves in the Northern store looking at the prices. :)

Jackie S. Quire April 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Haha,

"Here's my mom, having her first heart attack in the Northern"

Rob, Tina and the boys April 30, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Rob would be so proud. I wish I had my camera when my mom first went to the Northern when she was visiting in January. It was priceless.