4/3/08

Jackie, the one-legged wonder

Just when you thought my random bad luck was over.....or maybe hoped it was over....(Kara)

I fall down a hill and have either fractured my ankle or torn ligaments inside. They can't really tell / do anything because of the gross amount of pain I'm in (and the swelling is taking over the world).

So I'm off work for a week or so... and in Jackie-traction ... with my laptop and an endless supply of DVDs within reach.

At least I have crutches... but it's really hard to make food and get it to the table when you are on crutches... and taking care of Sully is hard too.

I'm not in my usual self-depricating humour mode right now. I'm in pain, and wish my apartment was smaller (so it wouldn't be so hard to get around) and really hate living alone right now.

I miss my mommy :(


7 comments:

Clare April 3, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Ow. Sorry to hear you're out of action, that bites.

Sarah N April 3, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Oh no! I hope you didn't fall down and have to lioe there waiting for someone to find you while you winced! That would have been terrible! But this is too. Hope the swelling goes down soon! If its a break, will you have to fly out?

Karri Justina Shea April 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

Aw, hope the pain gets better soon! That sucks..... :(

Anonymous April 5, 2008 at 1:50 AM  

Hi Jackie...
Hope your feeling better, ...terrible to be 'slowed down' for a week or so..your lifestyle does not permit that...sending you hugs..take real good care of yourself...
Geri

Anonymous April 5, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Jackie,
Hope you feel better soon!

Jamie-Lynne

Jackie S. Quire April 5, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Sarah: I'm not sure if they will fly me out or not. A lot of people have been asking me that. I didn't think so because if they have an xray machine I'd be inclined to think they could plaster someone up... but I'm not sure.

But I did get my injury at about midnight on Wednesday, so I fell down, and was in so much pain that I considered not walking home. Just staying in the snow overnight. But as I lack any decent igloo skills, I quickly dismissed that idea.... and screamed all the way home. Sadly no one heard me, and I've probably done more damage to it as a result. But what other choice did I have?

Clare, Karri, Geri, Jamie-Lynne, thanks for the kind thoughts. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan April 5, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

I don't check here for 3 days and you are falling apart again!!!