4/7/08

Verdict's in

...and I'm detached.

Or rather, my ligament is.

I just had my "check-in" at the health centre this morning... and the fellow who saw me said I most likely had a detached ligament in my ankle. And there's not much they can do about it. And they can't say 100% for sure if that's it either, because we don't have MRIs or CT machines in Rankin. And it's not a big enough deal to send me out. Which I can believe. It's just an ankle.

So the prognosis: 4-6 weeks on crutches (ug) and I start physiotherapy (hopefully) in a week or so.

I almost wanted it to be a break, because breaks heal. Ligaments just flap around and cause me pain. And you don't get a bitchin' cast when you mess up your ligament. You just wear a tensor bandage. Maybe I can just get people to sign my foot. Haha.

One of these days though, seriously, I'm going to end up with a seriously messed up ankle. This isn't the first time I've done something like this... and I doubt it will be the last either. At what point do I lose complete use of my ankle? Do they do ankle-replacements, like knees and hips?

For now though, I think I'm going to check out well.ca and see if they have any cool canes. I'm going to adopt a very House-persona I think. Have a pimpin' cane with flames on it and pop lots of Vicodin. Except instead of Vicodin, it will be T3's. And seeing as I only have 2 left, I've got a feeling that it will be short lived. Oh well. At least I'll have the cane...right?

2 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan April 7, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Oh man, that really sucks! I fell out of our truck two weeks before I got married and tore the ligament. It hurt so bad I threw up in the parking lot. It swelled up like a massive blue softball. I was on crutches right up to the wedding. I work white birkenstocks for my wedding shoes. And you know, that damn ankle still bothers me. When I sit crossed legged it hurts to use it for a while after. It would have been better if it broke.
Really take it easy on it!!

Rob, Tina and the boys April 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

At least they don't have to fly you out. Although I'm sure it does suck. Find a really cool cane!