4/2/08

Paradoxi (yes, I made that up)

Things I don't like but forget I don't like until it is too late and I'm eating it or have already bought it.

  1. Jello (the inspiration for this post. I'm sitting at my desk, spoon in a little Jello snack pack thingie, and I'm having some serious troubles making the slithery, wiggly stuff go down my throat. It looks so much fun! Why don't I like it?)
  2. Gum (Robyn? Andrea?) The number of times I stand at the checkout and eye what PROMISES to be a really fun flavour of gum... only to pay for it, unwrap the little sucker, and realize that I don't like it. This applies to gum in general. Not just weird flavours. I just don't do gum.
  3. Pogos (not the bouncy toy, but the meat on a stick). As a rule, I'm not the world's biggest fan of hot dogs. But that just goes right out the window when I see them impaled on a stick with a golden batter outside... and (as it shows on the box) a snaky line of mustard or ketchup just for kicks.

Why do foods I don't really care for always look so fun?

2 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys April 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Here's a few others. 1.) Jalapino Poppers. Rob cooks them, they look so good, and everytime I try them I spit them out. 2.) Mussels. Again, always looks go good until I try to chew it. 3.)McDonald's Arch Deluxe.

Jackie S. Quire April 5, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

Tina: I'm totally with you on the Jalapeno poppers. They look much better than they taste. I finally finished the ones that I bought when I first moved up here... I would make them like 3 at a time and remember too late that I dont' like them.

Though I can't join you on the mussels. I heart those little dudes. Sooo tasty!