4/30/08

All you need is char!


I have char coming out my ears.

And I love it.

I have been eating it just about every meal and snack for the past couple days.

I finally defrosted what was left of the char I bought for 20 dollars back in the fall... and have been eating it for supper/lunch ever since. And I've been spending the week at the Nunavut Association of Municipalities AGM and they SOMEHOW GOT THEIR HANDS ON ENDLESS SUPPLIES OF SMOKED CHAR.

As I mentioned, I haven't been able to get my hands on any smoked char for over a month now. So I've been scarfing it down at every opportunity... and yesterday... I'm not proud of this... but I took a styrofoam cup and filled it up with char, and kidnapped it for a snack later in the evening.

Hi, my name is Jackie, and I am a char-aholic.

4 comments:

Allmycke April 30, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

I'm salivating! When we lived in Inuvik I used to buy char from a neighbour who was fishing all winter. Back in those days, I almost got sick of char before spring every year - but now...
I am SO envious!

Anonymous April 30, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

ooooh...sounds niummy. but piksi is the best of any way of having char. don't grow fins now lady

Anonymous April 30, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

or gills for that matter, forgot to put that in earlier.

but get to have fresh fish (if I catch any) on Friday, woot wooot!

Unknown May 2, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

SHHHH...not so loud. Southerners might hear you and want some too!

BTW, I've used Marche Daoust for three years for my orders and, well, found the service lacking. I now use Marche Central, also, in Montreal, and also carrying wine. They also have been able to answer all my craziest cravings. Daoust is a depaneur (a little store) whereas Central is a full supermarket. I even get Tim Horton's coffee from Central - the big cans. I don't know if they ship to your region but I'd have to say it's worth checking out.

http://www.marchecentralmetro.ca/en/?ID=52

Finally, you can browse their metro flyer online, every Saturday, to see what weekly specials are available to save some cash.

Now for indulgences of a different sort, I use M&M meat in Dorval -right near the airport. You really can't beat the quality of the meat that they sell!