10/2/08

Grumpy (under)pants

Okay I am giving you fair warning.

If you don't want to read a post about women's underwear GO TO ANOTHER BLOG - haha. You can come back later (like try the evening) there will probably be another post in this one's place by then.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I've had the phrase "grumpy pants" in my head all day... and to be fair... probably the better part of this week.

Why? I blame Fawn. Fawn's blog is one I just started reading (following a nice comment she made on a bad-day-post on MY blog) and I heart it. She makes me laugh, and has a great attitude about life, even if things aren't going super smooth.

Anyways, a couple weeks ago she wrote a post called Grumpy Pants. Since then, there's been alot of healthy encouragement going on for Fawn to live her life in yoga pants, because she's VERY preggers and they are the comfiest.

I am a full-on believer of comfort. To a disturbing degree at times. In first year university I developed a nickname had "no-pants" tagged onto the end. Everytime someone knocked on my dorm-room door, my response was "hold on, I have to put on pants."

Now, I've grown up since then. I generally wear pants around the house. But I have a no-zipper-when-at-home-wearing-pants-rule because hey, this is my castle, and comfort reigns.

So we get that comfort is very important. And we get that maybe I had a grumpy day today. But I think I've figured out why. It's cuz I've not done laundry in a week or so, and I'm down to the reject underwear.

Come on, you know you have it. Or maybe it's reject socks, or reject jeans or all of the above. But every week or two if I let laundry go too long, I look in my top left hand drawer and see the dregs of my underwear drawer.... and I know it's going to be a bad day.

If I'm not happy with my underwear, I'm in a grumpy mood all day. You should not, I repeat NOT, spend your day thinking about your underwear and how much you hate them. You should not even THINK about your underwear. That is just the way life should be.

But that wasn't the case today. I'm hurting for laundry, I'm into the reject underwear (I don't even KNOW when I last saw a sock... I've been wearing sandals/clogs for the past week... the last person in Rankin to wear bare feet) and it's totally affecting my mood.

The easy solution (BESIDES doing laundry - I hate laundry haha) is to just stock up. So it takes longer to get to the much-neglected bottom-of-the-drawer ones. But it's FRICKIN' hard to buy underwear online. And the last thing I want to do when I go down south is hit La Senza (I HATE that place, but that's another post).

So I guess I'll just have to start doing laundry, or become a seamstress and make all my knickers by hand lol.

Okay, you can open your eyes now. I'm done talking about underwear.


PANTIES! (gotcha!)

6 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys October 2, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

Hehehehehe. I love it! PANTIES! I'm gonna start randomly yelling it. PANTIES!

Megan October 2, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

PANTIES PANTIES PANTIES

Robyn October 2, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

Are they fluttering? LOL. (...or was it "swishing"? Hmmm...)

FYI, the Gap has really comfie undies. And pretty, too! You should check if you can get them online.

And don't say "panties"... that's a dirty-old-man word :P

KOTN October 2, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

I call our eight year old The Underwear Champ, becaue if it was up to him, he simply wouldn't wear pants.

It is also a reminder to him... Jeez, I better put on pants or Kent will call me The Underwear Champ again.

Comfort is where it is at.

Jackie S. Quire October 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

I can't believe all you people want to read about my underwear.

Pervs!

LOL

Fawn October 2, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Hahaha! This post made me laugh out loud! I'm so glad you enjoy visiting my blog. And how kind of you to link to one of my rare moments of wittiness. :)

The most comfortable underwear I've ever own is made by Bravado, which is a Canadian company that makes nursing bras. True, the underwear are supposed to be maternity underwear, but I first tried them when I WASN'T pregnant, and oh my!