10/1/08

My dad is cooler than your dad

Why I love my Dad:
  • He reads my blog religiously (anyone who does that HAS to rock)
  • He sends me mail (and not like boring mail, FUN mail)
  • He writes little letters in my mail, on the Lesson Plans page of his school daytimer (which I always was UBER-jealous over when I was a student, it made me want to be a teacher, Yes. Those daytimers made me want to be a teacher. I'm tres sad)
  • He has the most bizarre handwriting. I remember asking him about it when I was younger and he said something along the lines of "that way no once can forge my signature, because it's different every time"
  • He's totally the most news-savvy person I know. He reads several papers every day, and knows journalists by name (probably knows more of them by name than I do, and it's supposedly MY domain)
  • The mail arrives on a day that has been kind of sucky otherwise (why are those days outnumbering the good lately? :S) and totally made me smile.
Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

UBER jealous

:)

Rob, Tina and the boys October 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Me too. I miss my dad. Cherish yours. And share him. :) And, TO JACKIE'S DAD. We all want mail now. :)