10/15/08

Long time, no blog

Okay, so I should probably write something. It's been almost a week, and there's no reason for my absenteeism. So I shall pepper you with a string of incoherent thoughts, to make up for the lack of random posts over the past week.

Here goes.

  • I have not done laundry in probably 3 weeks. I am so low on underwear I cheered this morning when I found a pair that was clean, hidden in the corner of my spare room. Yes this is sad and pathetic and a little bit gross. Deal.
  • I was gifted (at least temporarily) a BBQ last night. But instead of being pleased, I was freaked out because I thought the two people delivering it were trying to break into my house. There have been a lot of break-ins in town over the past 2 months. I'm paranoid
  • This election was a waste of time and money. Nothing changed. It's still a minority government. In another 2 years we'll have another election because Harper will say he can't get anything done. Maybe because he's not a good leader. Not because it's a minority.
  • I am glad I was polite and friendly when interviewing Leona Aglukkaq. That should be beneficial in the long run. If she remembers me. Which I doubt.
  • Hamlet council meeting yesterday was a gong show. I have to do a story about the complete ineffectiveness of this council when Lorne Kusugak isn't chairing some day. It's disgusting. It took all of my strength not to stand up and yell at the entire council for being stupid.
  • Food mail sent me 16 litres of milk last week (I ordered 8). And 2L of chocolate milk. And 1L cream. That's almost 20L of dairy products. For one person. Apparently Cantor's thinks I need my calcium.
  • My iTunes isn't working on my home computer. I'm annoyed.
  • I went to a friend's cabin for the long weekend with some friends. It was divine. The puppy freaking loves it out there (but not the 75-minute drive out...) and it makes me wish I had a real yard for him to play in. Makes him a different dog.
  • Also: Sully has a boyfriend. His name is Buddy. Buddy is a little fluffy black dog. They are adorable together. And Buddy idolizes Sully - - follows him around EVERYWHERE. It's so cute.
  • My first thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch. Made a couple calls to the parents, the boy helped tidy up the apartment, and everyone brought wine (which I had forgotten to order). I forgot to cook the squash, but it's not like anyone noticed. All in all, a success!
  • I am hungry, and am going to go pick up some lunch at the Northern.
Taima

3 comments:

Mongoose October 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

That was hilarious (except the part about the food mail - that was scary). I love the "I am glad I was polite and friendly when interviewing Leona Aglukkaq" part. Are you usually not polite and friendly when you interview people?

Jackie S. Quire October 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Haha, no but for some reason I ended up having a good old chat with her post-interview. And I'm glad I did hahaha!

Matthew & Michele October 16, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Funny Post. :o)
I needed the laugh.