12/11/08

Life's hard

I'm having a life-conflict right now.
I've been given the choice to leave my job and move back down south and for a variety of reasons turned it down.
Lack of a job on the other end is one reason, the boy is another, but overall while I have my moments (and right now is one of them) ... I am not ready to leave.

So I've worked my ass off this past week, "trying to make it work" and external forces are not making it easy on me.
And I may or may not have come to a breaking point.

Someone treated me unfairly today. This is not the first time, nor do I expect it to be the last. But it was just so uncalled for.
I asked a favour, and exhausted all other options before asking said favour, and I got shat on.
And it's just so unfair.
In a rare moment of assertion, I stood up for myself, but I really don't know if it did any good. I don't feel like it did.

All I can say, is thank goodness for Sully.
I walked in the door this afternoon, tears in my eyes and that little waggy tail made me smile so hard they dropped down my cheeks.
I probably don't treat him as good as I should. I should probably take him on more walks.
But he doesn't care. He just loves me unconditionally as long as I feed him and let him out to pee. Why can't everyone be like that?

I think I'm going to go give him a hug.

2 comments:

Living in Cape Dorset December 11, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Hi Jackie

Remember, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Cheer up !!!

Oh and in case I forgot to mention it, I am going home to my wife and kids tomorrow for Christmas.

My sincerest wishers for a Very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year

I love your blog, it makes me realize what a great job I have.

Blake

Mongoose December 12, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Some times you remind me of me, many years ago, when the things that are unfair and uncalled for at work seemed like they shouldn't have happened at all. Now, if things were fair and decent at work, I'd be asking myself when I'm gonna wake up. Even in my dreams (and I dream of work all the time), work in unfair and uncalled for.

And yeah, coming home to my dog is the best part of my work day. :)