12/17/08

A new addition...

Don't freak out. No fetus here! (Though the way things are going in the Northern blogging world, I can understand why you'd think this).

Nope, I'm petsitting... again. But this time I am THRILLED about it.

A friend-of-a-friend has a little black shih-tzu named Buddy and he and Sully are as thick as theives. I normally don't relish the idea of a second dog (not without a yard of some sort and/or more temperate climates) but any time these two get together I ACHE for a little Buddy of our own.

Buddy is the cutest dog of all time. Well, you can't really see what he looks like because he's got so much fur/hair... but he ACTS cute. He cuddles like a cat, and will do anything you want... and even knows tricks! My favourite is (insert annoying high-pitched voice) "what do you do" - - he rolls over!

Sully is NOT a very rolly puppy. Sully is a rigid dog. So really Buddy is Sully's opposite.

Also, Buddy is not house trained. He is pad-trained (so was Sully for the longest time), but my goal is to return the dog moderately house-trained. I figure if ONE is trained, the other will follow that good influence.

But admittedly, my dog psychology is a bit rusty.

Obligatory photo:

2 comments:

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

I presume the black thing on the right that looks like a mop with an eye is the shitzu??

He is cute thogh. Sully doesn't look too pleased though

Mom

Jackie S. Quire December 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Sully's just playing coy. He's actually disgustingly in love with the little mop - who I generously call "Chewbacca"