That's right, baby, I'm a-headin' down south.
Not permanently, not yet anyways, but for a little MUCH NEEDED vacation in January. Originally, my plan had been to tough it out until May. But then I realized that was just freaking dumb. Why would I do that, if I don't have to?
So I'm not going to. I blow this popsicle stand on the 16th, spend the night in Yellowknife (woohoo! I'll finally see 'the big city') then on to Edmonton.
Now what I do once I get there... I'm not sure yet.
I've been toying with a couple different ideas.
- Stay in Edmonton (I have a cousin who lives there that I could visit, and it might be nice just to arse around Edmonton for a week. I could make the inaugral West Edmonton Mall trip - maybe even stay in a theme room).
- Go SOUTH south, hit up some resort somewhere and get a wicked tan (oh, and relax till I get antsy - yep, that's right. Relax so much that I can't relax anymore... and become antsy. Yummie.)
- Go SOUTH south, and stay in a hotel (I've been really disappointed with the 'single traveller' penalty that the resorts have been tacking onto my reservations. It adds something like 200-300 bucks to the price of my ticket AND THEN there's the 200-300 dollars in tax. Not cool.)
- Go SOUTH middle south (aka North Carolina), visit with one of my best friends.
- Go SOUTH middle south (aka North Carolina), visit with one of my best friends, and then force her to skip out on classes/her responsibilities so the two of us can hit up VEGAS BABY.
- Go SOUTH middle south (aka North Carolina), CONVINCE ANDREA TO MEET ME THERE (are you reading this?), visit with Robyn, then force them both to accompany me to VEGAS BABY for what would undoubtedly be the biggest gong show of all time, and a week to remember.
So, as you can tell, I'm kind of all excited about the idea of a condiment reunion. The last time I saw these ladies was Easter of last year, and I used to LIVE WITH THEM. I'm obviously in serious withdrawl. But we're so spread across the country these days, it's painful. Robyn's going to school in Durham, NC. Andrea's working in her hometown of Georgetown, ON. And I'm way the hell up here.
#1.) If there are any Yellowknifers who want to go out for coffee or supper or something when I'm in town... let me know eh? It'll be the 16th of January.
#2.) Andrea/Robyn if you are reading this PLEASE SAY YES. Robyn, like I said, what's another 500 bucks ontop of the 30-grand you pay in international student fees. And I'm totally worth it. Andrea, how can you be the one variable that keeps us from having a condiment reunion? *GUILT GUILT*
You know you love me.