12/12/08

The things that stick with you

I was writing up some Christmas cards this afternoon at lunch, and I was struck by how COMPULSIVE I am some times.

Case in point:

I was using one of MY pens to write the message inside the card. But when it came to addressing the envelope I couldn't bear to scribble the address in ink. Why? Because Mommy told me not to.

That's right. Mommy.

Many many many years ago, I remember my mom telling me NEVER to use ink pens when addressing an envelope. What if it got wet? Then the ink would run, and the post office people wouldn't know where to send it!!!

Horror of horrors!

So instead I switched pens, and used a ball-point pen to address the envelope. Then switched back to my beloved Pilot V5 to finish off the note.

So sad...

Some things stick forever, it seems.

2 comments:

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

you still use the same pens...that is hilarious!!!

Jackie S. Quire December 16, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

LOL, yep! A creature of habit to the bitter end.

You obviously know me very well....