2/24/09

Conversations with a health worker

**beeep**
This is health centre. You have doctor's appointment tomorrow at 10:15. Bye.
**beeep**


*riiiing, riiiing*
HW1:Health Centre

JSQ: Hi, yes I got a message on my answering maching last night saying I have a Dr's appoinment tommorrow. But I have one on Thursday already. I don't really need two.

HW1:What your name

JSQ:Jackie S. Quire

HW1: Quiiiire. Okay Quiiire. (off to coworker) I have Jackie Quiiiiire. (to me) I tranfer (clonk, shuffle, then....)

HW2: Hellow?

JSQ: Yes, I got a message on my answering maching last night saying I have a Dr's appoinment today at 10:15. But I have one on Thursday already.

HW2: No. I switched it.

JSQ: You switched my appointment from Thursday to today?

HW2: Yes.

JSQ: But I have another appointment today at 10:30.

HW2: You see doctor this morning.

JSQ: No, I booked another appointment this morning because I knew I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday.

HW2: But you see doctor TODAY.

JSQ: NO. Can I please have my original apointment back?

HW2: Um... what about tomorrow? Ten o'clock?

JSQ: Fine.

*click*


5 comments:

Idealistic Pragmatist February 24, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Whaaat? Can they just do that?

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Whoa! You have a doctor there?

Jackie S. Quire February 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Yep, and Yep!

Actually, it blew me away that they would just call the late afternoon before the "rescheduled" appointment and re-book it.

To think of it, it's not the first time this has happened. Luckily last time I happened to be at home for a quick moment when they called to say I had an appointment the next morning at 9am.

Weird.

And WWU: Yah, we finally have a couple rotating doctors, and one of whom has more-or-less decided to make Rankin home. Which is really nice, as I'm sure you can understand!!!

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

LAME

Jason February 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Too funny. That's life in small communities.