2/2/09

A secret rawhide mountain

It's that time again... time for a puppy story!

But first, some eye candy:


Turns out my pup is a bit of a picky eater. Granted, he'll eat anything I drop on the floor... and only this morning he climbed up on the arm of the couch, reached over and STOLE a fried egg off my plate that was resting on the windowsill (I had hoped) out of reach. But when it comes to treats, he's notoriously picky. Milkbones? Not a chance. I have had the same little box of Milk Bones since he was a puppy over a year ago. These faux-chocolate treats Laura got him last year at Christmas... well he's still not finished them all.

But if there's anything he loves, it's rawhide bones.

Yep, these suckers:


He mows through them... but as I've learned in the past week or so... he only eats part of the bones... and then hides the rest of it for a rainy day. I don't think I've given him a rawhide bone since I got back, but every now and then he'll duck out of sight, and come back munching a linty, half-chewed, often folded-over foul-looking scrap of a rawhide bone.

I don't know, or WANT to know where the hell he's keeping them. I have a sneaking suspicion there's a stash under my (and the spare room) bed.

But at least he's not wasteful... I guess.

Strange animal.

6 comments:

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Does he still like the skinny rawhide ones? I hope so...........that was his Christmas present from Shamus.

Is he sitting on the counter again? What do you think of this Robyn?

Jackie's Mom

Robyn February 2, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Puppies do not belong:
a) in cupboards
b) in the dryer
c) on the counter
d) all of the above

The only pets that are allowed on counters have gills and live in bowls. Or know how to make delicious gourmet meals. (And know how to wash their paws first).

Jackie S. Quire February 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

What about in the microwave?

Robyn February 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

e) in the microwave

Mongoose February 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Tinky-Winky loves those too, but quite often she only eats one end and then she wants a new one.

Julie February 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM  

I'm honored that you're using my photo from www.i-pets.com. The bone looks great. But could you please upload the photo to your own server? You're using my bandwidth.

Thanks!