2/19/09

Dear Air Canada/Calm Air

Please arrange it so that my mommy can come to Rankin to take care of me.

I feel le sick, and it would be helpful if she were here to wake me up every 4 hours to hand me my dose of meds. Wouldn't that be nice? I hate taking care of myself when I'm sick.

Probably because I'm the WORST, MOST WHINY SICK PERSON EVER. Seriously, if you just took my complaining at face value, you'd think I'd come down with the hiv or something. But no, it's just the common cold.

Though it doesn't feel all that common... because I actually worked through the first three days of it, which I'm sure didn't help (but we have had some big news things happen - First Air, Leona Aglukkaq, Lorne's prelim, or lact thereof... and there are various deaths/pregnancies/broken legs still affecting the Iqaluit station).

So sick day today. And I was up before 9 so I could hit the Northern first thing, and stock up on NeoCitrin (I'm too lazy to spellcheck) and Cepicils (again, lazy) and hopefully I'll slip into a cold-meds induced coma for the next 20 hours or so.

Please please please can I be better tomorrow morning?

Thanks eversomuch....
JSQ

2 comments:

Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Sorry, mother can't make it to Rankin today. Sounds like you are going to get some sleep too. You can call your mother if you wish though.

Mom

Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Eh I am a Mother too and I wish I could make it to Nunavut.....Air Canada and Calm Air............

LH