2/26/09

Mass emails as a solution to the economic "crisis"

I got the following email from an unknown-to-me CBC employee today.

(http://www.theglobeandmail.com/)


HI All:
scroll down ride side-will find question: click on  yes -

should the CBC get more money from Ottawa

C

 pass it on to friends and family


Hmmm.  HMMMMMMMM.

Something about this doesn't sound right to me. I really don't like it very much at all.

I do not like it in a box, I do not like it with lox. 

Mothercorp, I heart you. I really really do. But frankly, this is pretty darn low.

"Help! Please please save us! Please let's all go to the G&M's website and mass-vote on a totally unofficial poll that people will forget the day after tomorrow! We won't look desperate for handouts then! Surely not!"

I don't know dudes. Maybe I'm just way more sheltered from this whole situation than I thought. Up here, things just don't really look so bad. Yet.

3 comments:

KOTN February 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

You just can't resist rocking the boat, even when you're in it ;)

Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Online polls are pathetic. Our national broadcaster should be above them.

As far as I'm aware, federal policy and budget decisions aren't made based on polls from the Globe & Mail's website.

Jackie S. Quire February 26, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Haha, yah I'm a reaaaal boat-rocker, I am. :P I just call em as I see em.

Now I should point out that this email wasn't forwarded to me by one of the Corp's head honchos. I actually don't know who "C" is or what he/she does. So it's not like the corp as a whole is taking this survey thing UBER SERIOUSLY, but someone's paranoid.

And like you said, it's not like Harper's going to be like "What? G&M's online poll responders say CBC should get more money? HERE! HAVE BILLIONS! THAT'S EXACTLY THE INCENTIVE I WAS LOOKING FOR!"