3/27/09

For reals-ies

I've been making a bit of an effort lately to spend less time online, and more time.... well, being a normal pre-web 2.0 human being.

When it comes down to it, I sit, staring at a computer for 7 hours a day anyways. What in the world else is there for me to accomplish online at home that I've not done at work all day. Really.

It just hit me a couple weeks ago. I don't really have any passtimes. I don't have hobbies. I have a little web site that a couple people read once in awhile. So there I was. Not really by any choice of my own, laptop-less (or laptop-free?) and without a major distraction.

So I read. I played with puppy. And I watched television. Probably more than my share of reality-tv television. Not because I'm this big reality-tv aficionado... rather because I don't like joining television programs in the middle of a season or a series.

But that's now opened me up to a whole new world of terrible TV.

Survivor installment 8-million? You bet.

America's/Canada's/Neptune's Next Top Model? I know them BY NAME.

Shit, I've even dipped into the world of obscurity here. I watch shows you've not even heard of (and in some cases - - like RuPaul's DRAG RACE - - had serious hallucinogenic delusions about).

The girls of Hedley Hall?
Blush?
Survivorman?
Mantracker?

I've watched all these and many many more.

I'm not really super proud of this grocery-list of bizarre, random television exploits. But I do have to say, the roster I've created here is probably the most bi-polar list of shows ever.

And to think it's all because of an absent laptop, haha.

4 comments:

Unknown March 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

That made me laugh and after staring at a computer screen for way too many hours the last few days trying to get a project report done, that was good. I remember living in Rankin in the nineties when the movie channels were called adrenalin drive, shadow lane and heartland road. I watched more movies that I ever had in my life and some were so awful I still remember them in vivid technicolour detail. This from someone who so is not a TV person.

Glad to see you are back blogging. I have to get my northern blog fix every morning. I must be one of Clare's 200.

Passtimes, smasstimes.....hard to concentrate on anything when your life is in flux.

Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Hi Jackie
I sometime think all You young kids should come home OR South and re start Your lives......lol

LH

Robyn March 28, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

In response to LH.... I probably live way further south than you, and watch "Gay, Straight or Taken?".

Sometimes bad tv isn't about location lol.

Jackie S. Quire March 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

LH: I would if I could, believe me! But at the same time I do have a nasty habit of watching piss-poor television/movies.

Indigo: those are some great specialty movie channel names. I think they just go by MC1/2/3 these days :(