3/10/09

Foul moods

An onslaught of foul moods has kept me from posting lately.

Sure I could write about EAs who set up stupid barriers for no reason... or how annoying yesterday's hamlet council meeting was (I wish I was joking, but seriously, we had one member spend 20 minutes or so debating why we have to have 3 READINGS OF A BYLAW. Because you know, we're the only ones that do it that way. And it's just for fun. Not law or anything).... or that I have to stay at the office for lunch, and I don't have any food... But I won't*.

Really, it's just in your own best interest. You don't REALLY want me to bitch an moan for no apparent reason. Because try as I might, I can't actually dig down to root of why I'm so pissy this past week. Maybe it's time I get out of town... OH WAIT I AM!

That's right, here's a little reminder that I will be in IQALUIT THIS WEEKEND and I'm more-than-excited. Sometimes I just need to get out of my house and just BE somewhere else for a change, and this is my chance.

I am even making a mental grocery-list of things I want to do when I'm there. Topping the list are...

  • Drinking a Rickards Red
  • Going to a movie
  • Eat at a restaurant that doesn't fall into the regular classification scheme of "crap, crappier and crappiest"
Not a long list, to be sure. But it could still go awry. There could be no Rickards left in town. I could have meetings in the evening. The food at the Lodge could be terrible. The projector could break (note I don't care WHAT movie I see, just SOMETHING).

Hopefully, that won't be the case. Because I'm really itching to get out of town. Come oooon Friday!


*Except that I kind of just did. Oops.

5 comments:

Mongoose March 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

I could never do your job. Even just reading the news makes me want to yell at the people to shut up and stop being so stupid. I can't imagine having to sit there looking polite and then report on it without it coming out as "town council is a bunch of blowhards and I hate youse." You're tough. :)

Jackie S. Quire March 10, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Here's MY problem. It's not the "after" that I have trouble with. I can detach and write the stories *almost* no problem.

What I DO have problems with is not YELLING during the meetings.

Because here's what I've noticed. No one pays attention to what's going on in meetings. No one. I'm the ONLY ONE paying attention. Sometimes I am so tempted to just STAND UP and say "Okay, here is what's REALLY happening. etc etc etc."

But the reporter's role is to be an observer at these things, not a commentator. So I don't. And I end up frustrated because people don't pay attention and therefore just don't GET what it's all about.

Grr.

Danielle Sharkey March 11, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

i would def go for a rickards white over read. i love the citrusissy lovelyness.
to each her own though i guess eh?

Jackie S. Quire March 11, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Believe it or not, I've never had a Rickard's White!

I'll have to try it sometime, but I doubt it will be in Iqaluit. Our selections are pretty slim :)

Karri Justina Shea March 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Yay for escaping... I've just decided to go with Josh to Beijing for the weekend to pick up his mom (who's visiting for the week)... it makes all the difference to get out of town even for a few days! :) I'm also looking forward to greater availability of "Western" goods... Have fun!