11/7/07

Debbie Downer no longer

I am one happy girl today.

I walked to work in my MOON BOOTS... while wearing my SWIRLY TWIRLY GUMDROP HAT ... and sporting my German-Kmart turquoise scarf.

Yep, that's right, Jackie's got some new clothes. Well not really new... just "haven't seen in awhile and so they feel new."

So yes, my stuff arrived yesterday... at least some of it did. Two of my three crates anyways... and when they said "crates" I expected a lot more than actually arrived (and began to worry that I had overdone it a bit in terms of moving...). But I'm relieved actually. It was probably 10 boxes, and most of my furniture. But it appears there's no real method to the madness that is "crated" moving... because while I have a kitchen table and four chairs... I don't actually have the LEGS for my table. And while I have my desk, book case and file cabinet... I have the BOTTOM of my desk chair... but not the back. So it's more like a desk-stool than a desk-chair.

But all in all, a good shipment of belongings. But the items I was MOST excited to see were...(in no particular order)

  1. Moon boots
  2. Box o' wine
  3. My "art" - - aka two prints I picked up in Quebec City, one of a lily and the other of a poppy... both green-tinted (of course)
  4. My desk (my laptop was being a huge nomad of late)
  5. My wireless router
I am finally starting to feel at home. And it feels good.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 8, 2007 at 12:49 PM  

Oh man, my grandma is going to be THRILLED to know that you're bringing the swirly twirly gumdrop style to the north.

Keep on rockin' that awesome hat!
- Andrea

Jackie S. Quire November 8, 2007 at 12:58 PM  

Andrea:
Jaime (friend/fellow blogger) complimented me on my hat last night.
The north loves the swirly-twirly!