11/28/07

Radio recognition

Over the past day or so, I've had two separate people say thye have heard me on CBC.

The first time, Monday night, it was my co-worker's sister. We were at the hockey game, and she asked my name... and then was like "I recognize your voice!"

Yesterday, it was a fellow journalist, and Nunatsiaq News reporter, saying he oft hears me on the radio.
I guess its not really that big of a deal.

Of COURSE people hear me on the radio.
 
But I'm used to my family saying they've heard me, its a bit different when its total strangers/people I've never met.
It's kind of surreal, the idea of people recognizing me, my name, my voice.

But I guess its just part of the job :P

2 comments:

Unknown November 28, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

That happen to me once do to my blog. At first it freaked me out a bit but then I recognized the guy talking to me. He was much BIGGER in life than his appearance on his blog suggested.

Just me December 5, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

I heard you on the radio this am. I was lying in bed listening to the 7:30am news...and I thought, I know that voice.