2/11/08

right now: I hate the north

How unfair is life that I can be so pumped that Joel Plaskett kicked ass at the ECMAs...
only to find out the same day the two roomies are going to see him Friday.

My heart actually broke off a bit, and I had tears well up in my eyes. Hell, they are still there as I am writing this. Why do I care this much? It's just a stupid band.

But I can't help but remember how I kicked myself after not seeing Limblifter when they were in Ottawa back in 2005... and then they've not done a tour since, and are essentially no longer together.

It just bites. I want to be there. Half for the concert, and half of it is just plain stupid jealousy that they can see one another, and I can't. That I'm on the other side of the world. Where no roads go in or out. Where my stupid bands don't come to play. Where I'm feeling so "stuck" right now. And its all my fault.

5 comments:

Kennie February 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Try being me Jackie! The ECMA's are being held in MY hometown and I could have had full access passes!!! I am hurting BIG TIME up North with you!

We can be miserable together.

Living in Cape Dorset February 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Jackie

I feel for you but things could certainly be worse. Your hometown could be Fredericton like Kennie and that would be major depressing lol. I also find your blog very entertaining and wonder if I can put a link to it on my blog.

Thanks
Blake
www.livingincapedorset.blogspot.com

Kennie February 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

This year has been a hard year on me for concerts ... first I missed the BEST Harvest Jazz and Blues festival in September (where Gov't Mule played a kick ass set), I missed Matthew Good in October, and now, finally after 5 years trying to get the ECMA's to Fredericton, it happens... and where am I? 2000 miles away.

Sigh, could be worse I guess ... at least I get to see the Northern Lights up here and get to hang with all of the Northern bloggers online :-)

Jackie S. Quire February 12, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

Blake: Of course, thanks for the compliment and you're more than welcome to link to me.

Kennie: I feel your pain. My sister is in Freddie, and I'm totally jealous.

Unknown February 14, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Jackie, I've seen Joel and co. about 5 or 6 times and his show is always amazing (not to rub it in at all, but just to show i sympathize). I recently heard on CBC One that Sam Roberts will be playing a benefit concert in Whitehorse. If he can do it, I say he should rally up the other canadian musicians to follow suit. only prob- you're in rankin, i'm in iqaluit. maybe we can convince joel to a whole tour of the territory! maybe you could even interview him!