1/16/09

Bloggers unite! (and then tie-one-on?)

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I used to have a running tally/casual competition with a fellow blogger/friend re: how many of the Nunavut bloggers we had met in person/"knew" (and by "knew" I mean... outside the Facebook/blogspot domain).

At the time I think my tally was... five? Maybe six? Not many. And most were unintentional... and either through work or my month-long-stay in Iqaluit.

Well, all that's about to change.

Tonite, is the inaugural "Name of Town Withheld" blogging symposium. It is to be held at one of the finest establishments NTW (also known as YK) has to offer... complete with food NOT from the Co-op Inns North (where your food is guaranteed to be over-salted and under-cooked)... AND BEVVIES WITH DINNER!

For those who have never been to Rankin, there's something you should know: we don't have any bars or restaurants that serve alcohol in town. We have the legion that is (sometimes) open on Friday nights, but beyond that you have to supply your own liquids (and not from a normal liquor store either, you have to order over the phone or in person from Churchill or Iqaluit).

Now I'm not a CRAZY HUGE drinker, but sometimes a girl just wants a pretty drink. Or a mojito. Or an icy brewski. Mmmm or a daiquiri.

Okay, I'm getting a little carried away here, I'll have plenty of time for that (and more) in MEXICO, but I'm really crazy pumped for our blogging dinner.

Can't wait to meetchas all!!

And also, I may or may not have decided that Megan is the grown-up version of me. I hope you're not weirded out by this (*creepy creepy creepy* - you have to say that in a sinister voice, while drumming your fingers on your lips, all creepy-like. Just so you know) but that's the truth.

So yah, because the older version of me won the NWT BLOGGING AWARD FOR BEST BLOG... you obviously should go VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE NUNAVUT BLOG, HERE!

**Finally, not sure how much internet access I'll have in Mexico. I'm trying to avoid taking my laptop etc. so I've set up some random posts and if I have internet I'm sure I'll be able to find something to write about**

4 comments:

Anonymous January 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

I'm jealous! I wish I stilled lived up there. And to think, I lived there for almost a year and never met them! Boo urns on me. (Oh, and as a side note, the verification word is LUSHLO, which coincidently has the word "lush" on a post where you are talking about drinking. Coincidence? I think not! haha)

Jason January 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Looking forward to meet you as well. I lived in Rankin for 4 years. They have a Legion now? Wow, how progressive!

Jaime January 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

I think I may still be winning!

Met:
Townie Bastard
Jen of Nunavut
Kate Nova
Darcy/Way Way Up
Janice/Rankin Adventures
Bonnie
Experience the Arctic's Kristen
You

Talked on the phone:
Habeas Corpus under Aurora Borealis
Tina
Niedzielski's

Seen:
Kara
KOTN
Living With Grace
North of Nain

Total: 16!
Of course, I do have an edge being in an Iqaluit and all...

Jaime

Jaime January 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

...apparently one of multiple Iqaluit's...miso smart.