1/30/09

I haz yer soulz

Non-reader comments:

"Just don't put this up online. We're anti-internet. Don't put it on Facebook."


So I had my camera with me today because I went out before work to take some photos of a windmill for a story.

And a girl I know came into the office with her new baby (well almost-new... he's probably about 7 or 8 months old now), and everyone was oo-ing and ahh-ing. And I just thought he was so cute, so I snapped some pictures with mini-spy-cam.

If I can say so myself, I thought they were beautiful pictures. A couple candid ones of father and son, and one giant-smile one. Very cute.

As I showed the mom, she made the above comment. And I was like "oh no, of course not" because I didn't want to be rude. I have some friends who don't want photos of them on Facebook if they are in various states of intoxication etc. No biggie. But a beautiful photo of father and son...

What's the matter with that?

I guess there's the whole "every photo taken is a piece of your soul removed" idea... which personally, I don't believe (I think that a photo taken is a slice of time - or soul even - preserved forever). And I guess maybe it could be a "I don't want to pimp out my child" thing too.

But does that mean Jen, Kara, Tina, Megan... you've been pimping out your now soul-less children all these years?? Just for my entertainment?

Hope not.

5 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan January 30, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Of course I have been pimping out my soul-less son for the entertainment of others!!

jen January 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Maybe they are in the witness protection program?

Yes I have no soul, I have been photographed so many times that I have become evil and steal other peoples souls with my camera, like the grim reaper. And there is no exception for my own baby lol.

Ok but seriously I do know some people that also don't want to be on the internet or want their children up either. For some reason they think that their children will be abducted or have bad things happen to them. Maybe have their identity stolen...whatever lol but those feelings to exist for some people.

Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

I lost my soul years ago, just around the time the arch bishop of NL told me I was (and I quote) "the devil's spawn". That's pretty bad coming from him! :) So since all my kids were doomed, I might as well exploit them! :)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan January 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

mauahahahah!! You are the devils spawn Tina??? What did you do???

Megan January 30, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

I don't actually have a son. Those are photos I've stolen from Flickr to make it seem like I have a life outside the Internet. I make up all of the stories about Michael.

Steve's not real, either. Well, he's real, but he doesn't know that I pretend he's my husband on the Internet.

You won't tell him, will you?