1/23/09

Foto Filler

I don't normally DO memes... (where the hell did that name come from anyways?) but as my access to internet will be sporatic, I'm caving and doing a "Kennie-tagged-me-in-a-meme-but-it's-now-a-scheduled-post-that-will-not-be-timely-anymore-because-its-a-week-after-getting-tagged"

Here it is:


This is a photo that a friend of mine took at the Beaumont-Hamel Memorial in Northern France. I worked there from May - August 2006, and hopefully will go back some day soon. I lucked out when I was there, because it was the 90th Anniversary of the Battle of the Somme... a ceremony and a landmark event I will never ever forget.

My room-mate at the time went back to work a second term the following winter. He was actually there for the 90th anniversary of the battle of Vimy Ridge. I was |---| (< href="http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=feature/bh_somme2006">here
From Wikipedia, click here

Oh, and I'm pulling a Tina and saying that I'm not "tagging" anyone, but this is actually a neat little exercise, and encourages you to write something that you otherwise wouldn't talk about. At least that's how it worked for me.

The rules are:

1. Go to your documents. (or if you are a mac or vista user, go to your pictures folder, )
2. Go to your 6th folder.
3. Go to your 6th picture.
4. Blog about it.

1 comments:

Megan January 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

British biologist Richard Dawkins invented the word "meme" about 30 years ago to describe the way ideas spread through populations.

Megan = geek