1/23/09

Inspiration in Yellowknife

When I thought about my flight down to Edmonton, I never guess that I´d spend the first 20 minutes with a sad smile on my face and tears cascading down my cheeks. But the worst part was that as I sat, wiping them from my face, I couldn´t figure out for the life of me what I was so upset about.
 
Sure, the less than 10-hours sleep in 3 days probably had something to do with it... exhaustion can do funny things to the mind and body...
 
But then I realized something:
 
I wasn't crying because I was sad. I was crying because I was happy.
 
That night in Yellowknife was one of the best nights I'd had in a very long time. I've not laughed so hard, smiled so big, ate so well or felt so naturally COMFORTABLE in months.
 
But the kicker, the icing on the cake, the part that made the evening just unbelieveably worthwhile... was I got to know two amazing, inspirational women just a little bit better.
 
Now I'll stop myself before I get too mushy, but I was just so overwhelmed by it all... the thought of how lucky I am to have these smeart, strong, beautiful women in my life. And I can only dream that some day I might 'grow up'  to be even a fraction the person they are.
 
So thank you, MH and JS. You have shown me what kind of person I could be.. and renewed hope I thought I'd lost for good so many months ago.

1 comments:

Megan January 23, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

We think you're awesome and can't wait for you to come back. There are ALWAYS jobs in Yellowknife, you know. :)